WHICH DIGITAL MARKETING AUDIT TACTICS ARE RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
Every business that uses digital marketing services should perform a digital marketing audit to get a clear idea of how the online marketing campaigns perform. With increasing competition and rapid changes in the digital landscape, digital marketing audit is gaining popularity. Many SEO service provides and digital marketing companies are providing the services.
It is crucial to select the right digital marketing company to perform an end-to-end digital marketing audit to find out what strategies are working and what are not. Here are some reasons to perform a digital marketing audit:
- To find out the weaknesses in the strategies that aren’t working.
- To see optimization and growth opportunities in them.
- Increase return on investment (ROI) on each marketing campaign.
- To remain aligned with the company’s goals.
Tactics in digital marketing audit
Some of the key tactics in digital marketing audits are:
A search engine optimization audit evaluates a site to find out its performance on search engines. In this type of audit, the goal is to drive traffic to the site. There are many tools such as Google Analytics to perform SEO audits and help view the website traffic. To perform a comprehensive audit, use various SEO tools such as:
Keyword consistency and density tool
- Website word count tool
- Robots.txt checker
- XML sitemap checker
- Title tag checker
- Meta description checker
- Image alt tag checker
- H1 and header tag checker
After checking the key parameters, take care of the following:
- Find out if your site uses HTTP, and make sure you use it. Sites using HTTP are more reliable as it encrypts communications using SSL/TLS protocols so that hackers can’t steal the data.
- Include relevant keywords in content and ensure that the web page has the necessary keywords that users are looking for in Google searches.
- Optimize the website load time to load in less than three seconds.
- If you want effective results, consider taking the help of a professional SEO service provider to run an SEO audit for your business.
Email marketing audit
An email marketing audit is a process of determining the effectiveness of email marketing activities in a business. This can help companies know each email campaign’s performance and determine what’s working and what’s not. Key metrics to audit each email:
- Bounce rate: Percentage of emails not delivered to recipients.
- Open rate: Percentage of recipients who have opened the email.
- CTR: The click-through rate is the percentage of clicks on the links embedded in the mail.
- Conversion rate: Percentage of conversions.
- Unsubscribe rate: Percentage of subscribers who unsubscribed.
Social media marketing audit
The main reason why companies perform social media audits is to generate interest in their businesses and drive traffic to their websites. It involves finding out performances in three key areas — organic, paid, and earned. Here are some key terms useful while conducting a social media audit:
- CTRs: The percentage of clicks on a social media post links.
- Impressions: The total number of views on the content.
- Engagement rate: The percentage of interaction versus the total number of followers.
- Clicks: The total clicks on the website links.
- Overall interactions: The total likes, comments, and shares.
- Monthly growth rate: The percentage of new fans and followers.
If the impressions are high and CTR is low, focus on creating more compelling posts. A reliable digital marketing company can help in creating high-quality posts.
Content marketing audit
A content marketing audit is done to evaluate and enhance a company’s content marketing strategy. In this process, a business or a website owner assesses all types of content such as blogs, articles, newsletters, e-books, video content, and more. Here are some tips to boost content:
- Keywords: Determine if you are targeting the right keywords.
- Content types: Find out what types of content works for link building, lead generation, and brand awareness.
- Links: Make sure there are no spammy or broken links. Don’t include links from irrelevant websites.
- Distribution: Find out what distribution channels work the best and what do not.
In the PPC audit, a business finds out the efficacy of its pay-per-click advertisements to create strategies for better results. While performing a PPC audit, look at the following things:
- A good CTR means that people click on the ads after seeing them on web pages. A low CTR means that the ad is not generating interest among the viewers.
- Find out the conversion rate and see if it is above or below the percentage you intend to achieve.
- Make sure the landing pages match user search intent and give them a good user experience.
- Find out if the call to action is precise and make users take the desired action.
Web design audit
A web design audit evaluates a website and finds out its performance in engaging visitors and providing them with adequate details. It is one of the most important parts of a digital marketing audit. Here are some factors that can help in website design:
- Bounce rate: This tells what percentage of visitors leave your website within a few seconds without engaging with it.
- Loading time: This determines how much time the website takes to load. Make sure that it is less than three seconds.
- Mobile-friendliness: See if the website’s design is compatible with mobile devices. Optimize the images and use a responsive web design to provide a better experience to mobile users.
A comprehensive digital marketing audit helps provide suggestions to enhance the performance and efficiency of the present marketing campaigns. At PeddleWeb, we provide end-to-end digital marketing audits, from SEO to PPC to web design audits. If you are looking for a full-stack marketing audit, get in touch with our team.